4MCAD is the powerful and smart AutoCAD, alternative, that provides full DWG and IFC compatibility, outstanding 64bit CAD performances, plus a similar environment and full support for all the AutoCAD, commands, menus, scripts, styles, patterns etc. 4MCAD speeds and performances are totally unbeatable, explaining the reason why our product has been welcomed by many thousands of Engineers and Designers in over 65 Countries.
The AutoCAD (*) functionality simply means that you already know how to work with 4MCAD. Interface appearance and functioning is absolutely familiar to the majority of the CAD users, as all our products completely adopt the industry standard compatibility with AutoCAD commands, AutoCAD Menu, Scripts, Fonts etc.
Dwg compatibility means that you keep an open communication with any other CAD user. Our Verticals native format is .DWG, so when you open or save an existing DWG file there’s no file conversion and no data loss. 4M is a member of the open design alliance (www.opendwg.com) which is committed to promoting open, industry-standard formats for the exchange of CAD data.
Purchase cost is just 1/3 to 1/5 comparing to the competition. In addition, considering an easy training plus the free support, 4M solutions manage to reach a really surprising Return of investment (ROI).
IDEA is a powerful BIM Architectural application that combines the autocad-like interface with a sophisticated BIM technology. IDEA meets the entire needs of the Architect regarding model creation, high quality photorealism and virtual walkthrough. Now IDEA latest release 14 redefines the AEC industry standards, by introducing a new BIM generation built on the top of the 4MCAD functionality and affordability.
IDEA provides unlimited freedom while designing on the 3D building model, thanks to its State-of-the-Art BIM structure. The real time display of the model transformations, while the modifications are being done, enables the user to focus absolutely on the design process itself, thus avoiding time-consuming drawing tasks. By defining or editing any building element (or even entire building components), all the 2D-3D building drawings are immediately updated and correctly presented.
There is no question, IDEA is a must for every Architect not only for its numerous advantages, but also because it is an inexpensive solution with almost negligible costs regarding training, support and maintenance. Some features of IDEA include:
- Advanced BIM structure to continuously update the project drawings (sections, views, perspectives, etc) while keeping anyinterventions made by the user (insertion of library items, text, annotation, etc).
- Project drawings smart explorer (tree-view browser of the drawings).
- Faster rendering performances based on OpenGL, as well as real time virtual walk through of the rendered model.
- Enhanced roof modeler with unlimited options to design any type of roof structure and add components such as attics, lofts, skylights, inclined openings and many others.
- Intelligent design to create even more building entities (i.e. chimneys, pergolas and others).
- Significant improvements regarding architectural design refinements (i.e. smart automatic unions between building objects only if necessary, optional hiding of the wall/slab lines on the views or sections, object definition through polylines in every dialog, etc), as well as the topographical design (fully automatic creation of triangles to create the ground model).
- Unrivaled performance due to the brand new high speed 4MCAD engine.
4M Software Solutions consist of powerful BIM Verticals, all designed according to a state-of-the-art building modeling technology, high-performance CAD engines seamlessly embedded and full compatibility as far as the CAD functionalities and file formats (DWG and IFC) are considered. You should compare 4M solutions with the top brands of their category in order to realise directly the simplicity on their philosophy, the easiness in learning and use, and above all the efficiency in obtaining reliable results for high quality case studies. As shown below, 4M Solutions meet the needs of the entire range of the Building Design Industry, including Professional CAD, Architectural Design, Structural Analysis & Design, Building Services Design (HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Gas) and many others.
FINE is the Building Services Design Suite, covering the mechanical, electrical and plumbing design needs of any building construction. FINE has a unique advantage the fact that “thinks”, “suggests” and performs drawings and calculations fully automatically, producing the complete project printout along with the final drawings. FINE Suite includes the following Verticals:
- FineHVAC: Heating-Ventilation-Air-Conditioning
- FineSANI: Water Supply and Sewerage Design
- FineELEC: Electrical Installations Design
- FineFIRE: Fire Fighting Design
- FineGAS: Gas Design
- FineLIFT: Elevator Design
In case that you are interested in working with more than one 4M Verticals, you will take profit of the added value, which is coming from the seamless integration among the 4M Verticals. Impressive communication and data exchange flows between all the verticals are due to the fact that the Building Model is unique regardless the specific Vertical. For example, the HVAC designer works directly on the idea model taken from the Architect, the structural engineer returns to the Architect the architectural model enhanced by the structural requirements (for a possible iterative optimization approach) and so on.
4M Verticals adopt a new Building Information Technology, which is not simply built on the top of their geometric data model, as is the usual case, but on a real BIM structure, embedding intelligent object entities: Building entities and building installation components are intelligent objects natively defined within the CAD engine, carrying the logical information plus smart algorithms. The advantages of this generation are absolutely visible, permitting the user to get outstanding modeling features in extremely high performances. In particular, we get: CAD functions natively applied to objects, leading to a fast and effective Modeling Environment.